Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting Ready To Test


Still working on those license I have to guess because if you got it in a week I think you should turn back now before you hurt some one.  The process is a long one or at least can seem that way when your out of work.  So let me try to help you get a little edge if your still working on it Crist CDL
This is your ticket to doing well on your written exams.  I believe most schools with will tell you about this site because of the practice exams are extremely close to the real thing.  They cover the general knowledge, air brakes, and combination tests.  I stand by this site.   I used it to obtain my CDL and my endorsements.


 As far as your pretrip, maneuvers, and driving, its practice practice practice.  There is no secret short cut to this half of it.  When it comes time to test out and get that license take your time do not rush.  Its real easy to get to worked up standing there in front of you examiner.  I know some states use D.O.T. Officers to administer the tests and they can be extremely intimidating. You have to remember they put the pants on one leg at a time just like you.  Their main goal is to make sure you know what you are doing as you start out.  So follow the rules of your examiner and do what you know.  I didn't do so hot my first couple of times testing.  I let my nerves get the best of me and did not trust my gut feeling.  Nine times out of ten in truck driving if you gut feeling says somethings wrong it probably is.  I did not know that secret so I did n't listen to my gut and end up going back again and again because I made silly mistakes.  When I finally listened to my gut I passed with flying colors.  So learn to trust your instincts I have plenty more tales where my gut feeling kept me out of trouble but those are stories for another time and place.  So be safe out there and Safe Travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment